Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reconnections



Friday April 3, 2009 was a time of reconnection with the "Watson" side of the family. I had not seen my cousins ( first and second) for awhile and that was awesome and then seeing my sister who lives in Calgary and my brother who lives in Houston Texas was a bonus too. Too bad it was at a funeral !

My sister and I through the years have reconciled any differences and get along very well. We have done lots of travelling over the last few years together. It is amazing how we get along now as that was not always the case! This weekend was a time of starting the reconcilliation with my brother Jack. His third marriage just broke up before Christmas and he took some courses that showed him that family was important and I feel that he was ready to let the past be the past. It was a good time of laughter and tears saying goodbye to the last of that generation of the Watson clan. The cousins are all that remain. We spoke about all the jokes that my Uncle George played on us and the stories that he told with that British humor with no smile on his face and we believed him for many years things that were not true. He always had the last laugh, but not in a mean spirited way! He was a true gentleman and very intelligent and loved boats and the sea.

My Dad and Uncle George and their Mom and Dad lived in Ocean Falls BC in it's hayday. At one time the family bought a small boat called "The Lion". They, however, did not like the name and because they were Scottish, they kept the letters and mixed them around to call the boat " The NILO" This was always a great laugh for the family. So, yesterday we went to the Red Lion Pub ( we laughingly called it the Red Nilo Pub) and raised a glass to Uncle George and visited for the last time this visit with Jack and Trish. It was a good day!

I will miss my uncle, although over the years the visits had become fewer and fewer. Last Oct (2008) he turned 90 years old and had a funfilled life. He , over the last 9 years had missed his "Peg "O My Life" (my Auntie Lorraine) and now they are reunited !I pray that it is in heaven!!!

Uncle George...till me meet again !! Love you !

No comments: