Monday, January 26, 2009

Creativity

I was thinking about creativity and God and how this absolute compulsion in me to create...something. I know that He put it in there and therefore there must be an outlet there for it from Him. I can make things for the sake of making things, but I want a purpose and reality in this from God. I see things all the time and see ways to create and I guess I really need to break through totally in this with God's help. He did wake me up the other morning and told me that He has set an open door before me .....walk through it. Funny, I don't see too many choices before me, no sense of ...this is the door. There is some things, but I tend to try and analyse things to death. I have just been kinda floating along waiting on God and being at peace, and then WHAM...He speaks this to me. Could it be I am not looking in the right place??

I have always wanted to design artistic clothing. It has been in me for years. What do I know about doing that...practically nothing..I can sew.... Then, I want to start painting again. That seems to have dried up...why? Not to mention writing worship music.....I did have a year of it. Creating new dishes of food....drawing..
dancing...I see dances when worship music comes on. Writing a book....writing and directing a musical production. Why are all these desires in me?? That seems to be the $24,000 question!!! Helping in the release of those with artistic ablilities is also a strong desire. What do I know about and how to do?? Again, practically nothing. Seeing kids produce a painting from something read from the word while I was teaching painting in Uganda was awesome ! The word coming alive !!

I am waiting for something and as yet I know not what it is....
Creativity.....

No comments: