Friday, February 20, 2009

The Adventure


These last 2 weeks we have been meeting, praying and fasting at 6:30 - 7:30 a.m. on Tues, Wed and Thurs. The leadership had felt that it was time to do this. At first, just the leaders were going to and then they felt that the whole church was to do this. (or as many as were able and desired to)

The meetings have been awesome, but it was Thursday morning that was over the top !
I came in and there was a strange man there. He looked like he was dressed as a clown and was very strange. My discerner went into overtime and I would have had a hard time pressing in if the Lord had not, on the way to the church, reminded me of what happened on Tues night prayer. ( Tues night was ridiclous ! It started for me as I was driving out and the neighbour to my left stopped me and said that there was an accident blocking the road and that I should turn around and go home. That it would take hours to clean up. I said, no, I will try to make it as I had a meeting to go to. As I drove to where the accident was I realized that in order to drive through I would have to drive thru lots of glass. I decided that I needed to do that. (the accident was my neighbour to the right) On the way to the church there was other ambulances and stuff on the way. I got to the church and they are doing renovations. Hammering and sawing etc (lots of noise) The youth were talking in the meeting room loudly with someone and there was all sorts of distractions....I could not for the life of me decide on a cd to play and I was feeling so agitated.....then began to laugh! The enemy was trying to distract us from praying and worshipping the Lord!
Then I remembered that on Tues morning as I was driving to the church for prayer, that the wind began to blow hard, and as I was crossing the Mission bridge, the Lord dropped a word into my spirit. He said " Get ready for another course correction. But, do not look to the clouds...look to where the wind is blowing" I shared with Mike B the word and he got me to share with everyone later. I realized that when all the distractions were happening, that I was looking at the clouds and not to where the wind was blowing. When I realized that, I started to laugh) So, God spoke to me that there were going to be distractions at that prayer meeting. When I clued in, I just pushed into worship (like we did on Tues night) and I forgot all about the distractions!!! Good thing, as the Lord had some things that He wanted from us !!!!
(btw..the man left during the worship) Bert was worshipping and then there came a time that he said that if anyone got anything to sing it. A few did and then someone began to sing about " We're going on an adventure, it's gonna be a wild ride! ." and we sang that for quite a long time. Then I remembered and shared what Bill Johnson had said in one of his books about getting to the edge of the map and would we stay there at the edge , or keep going by faith... I said that we were in a vehicle with God and we were excited like little kids, and we didn't really know where we were going but our Daddy was taking us somewhere and it would be good. Then Brian said, ya when we are on this adventure we ask our Daddy " Are we there yet??" We all started to laugh and the joy overtook us and there was lots of celebration and laughter and joy...all in a one hour meeting!!!
So, we're goin on an adventure, we're goin on an adventure, it's gonna be a wild ride, it's gonna be a wild ride. We don't really know where we are going, but it's gonna be good with Dad ! We may ask Him, are we there yet, we may differ along the way, but our Daddy has the best plans, so we all join as one and say....YES Dad, wherever you want to take us, wherever we may go. It's all because You love us , so with You we will go !!!

No comments: